Friday, January 31, 2014

What's Going On...

Hello Everyone, 

I am a little behind on doing this post, I had wanted to do it at the start on the year, but needless to say I have had a very busy year so far and we haven't even got through January yet, but I will explain all of that.

First thing that I wanted to tell you, which you may have noticed, is that I have started a monthly blog hopping group called...The Blog Hopping Cafe'. Every month on the last Saturday of the month the Hopping Cafe' will be bringing you exciting new projects based on whatever the topic or theme may be for that month. Our first hop, which was this past Saturday on January 25th, it also happened to be my Daughter's Birthday. January's theme was...Snowflakes, so if you haven't already checked out that blog hop please do so, there are some wonderful projects that everyone made to share with you. And be sure to leave everyone a little blog login' as well and don't forget to become a blog follower for your chance to win some wonderful blog candy.

Keep your eyes out for more changes coming to my blog, hopefully in the very near future, as well as more digital projects, and more on my Project Life albums. But, I have all kinds of exciting goodies to come.

Now, to let you know a little bit on what all has been going on and why this year has been so crazy, and will explain why I have been getting a little behind on things or at least not getting things done when I wanted to get them done.  My father had cancer surgery on January 3rd at Baptist Hospital in 'Winston-Salem which is about an hour and a half from where we live. He was
 able to come home on the 11th and we thought everything was good, but the longer he was home the sicker he got, eating less and less, basically going downhill. My Mother and I brought him back to Baptist last Thursday on the 23rd which they admitted him back into the hospital at that point. They put a feeding tube in and he started doing better, in fact on Wednesday morning the doctors came in and said that he could come home, but while my Mom was on the phone with me to find out how the roads were here at home since we had just got some snow the day before, then everything went crazy. His heart rate and blood pressure shot through the roof and he then ended up in ICU, pretty much fighting with everything that he had. It turns out that there was a drainage leek that collected around the liver which was caused the heart to over work itself. They put in a new drainage tube Thursday afternoon and found out that there was an infection in there as well. So, now that they know what all they are dealing with they have put their game plan in motion, and so far so good. Now we just wait, pray, and keep our fingers crossed.

Thank you for listening my goings on. But I am looking forward to an exciting crafting new year and all of the wonderful projects to come.

1 comment: