Welcome to the Veteran's Day Blog Hop!!
Veterans Day originated as “Armistice Day” on Nov. 11, 1919, the first anniversary of the end of World War I. Congress passed a resolution in 1926 for an annual observance, and Nov. 11 became a national holiday beginning in 1938. President Dwight D. Eisenhower signed legislation in 1954 to change the name to Veterans Day as a way to honor those who served in all American wars. The day honors military veterans with parades and speeches across the nation. A national ceremony takes place at the Tomb of the Unknowns at Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia.
America is the Land of the Free, because of the brave. Veteran’s Day celebrates and acknowledges the service of all United States Military Veterans. Today we honor the brave men and women who have served in the American Military. With great respect, and a heart full of pride, we say a great big THANK YOU to those who have served. Please hop with us as we pay homage to the people who help keep America the Land of the Free.
You should have started at Melissa's Blog. If you did not, please go back and start from the beginning. You don't want to miss any of these fabulous projects!
Melissa Lipcsey - http://papershenaniganz.blogspot.com/
I made a very simple card for today, I several circles that I had cut from two different printed papers, one with different red, white, and blue sayings, and one blue with white stars. I placed these circles around on a white card. I then added a raised scalloped circle that I stamped with fireworks and the words "thank you". I also took my red the blue ink pads along the edge of the card and the scalloped circle.
I hope that you have enjoying our little hop, please be sure to head on over to...
Susie Gerdes - http://scrappyrandomness.blogspot.com/
to see her wonderful project.
If you get lost along the way here is the entire line up for today's blog hop...
1 . Melissa Lipcsey - http://papershenaniganz.blogspot.com/
2. Robin Carroll - http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/
3. Marji Franklin- http://www.fstampaholic.blogspot.com/
4. Sharon Littrell-http://simplysweetbysharon.blogspot.com/
5. Robin Lane - http://create-a-latte.blogspot.com/
6. Susie Gerdes - http://scrappyrandomness.blogspot.com/
7. Jenn Jackson - http://scraphappensembellishit.blogspot.com/
8. Charity Thebookinroom - http://thebookinroom.blogspot.com
9. Camille Short - http://shortonideasaz.blogspot.com/
10. Suzanne - http://www.zannieberry.blogspot.com
11. Jearise - http://lorbysworld.blogspot.com
Thank you for stopping by and visiting today.
Thank you to all of the Veterans that have served, and are serving, thank you for all you have done and are doing for us to live free.
Until Next Time...